Head of School
- MA – English Literature; Breadloaf School of English, Middlebury College, Vermont. USA (2004-2008)
- MA – English Language; Kenyatta University (1988-1990)
- B.Ed - English and Literature; Kenyatta University (1985-1988)
Teaching and Administrative Experience.
Rusinga Schools(Oct 2006 to date)
- Head of School (October 2009- to date)
- Head of Languages (2006-2009)
- Staff Professional Development Coordinator (2006-2009)
- Teacher of English and Literature (BNC, IGCSE and ‘A’ Level)
The International Baccalaureate Organization (2005 to date)
- Examiner and Team Leader for English A1
The Aga Khan Academy (Sept 1996- Aug 2006)
- Head of Languages Faculty (1997- 2003)
- Coordinator, Key Stage 3 for Years 7-9 (2003-2006)
- Admissions and Pastoral Head for Years 7-9 (2003-2006)
- Staff Professional Development Coordinator (2003-2006)
- Teacher of English and Literature (BNC, IGCSE, GCE ‘A’ Level and IB Diploma)
Loreto Convent Msongari (Jan 1991-Aug 1996)
- Head of Languages ( 1992-1996)
- Teacher of English and Literature (8-4-4)
- Sharda High School (May-Dec 1984)
- February 2011-February 2012:Certificate Course in Executive Leadership from the Institute for National Transformation.
- November 2010: Professional training Conference on Chinese Language Teaching and Teaching Materials in Beijing, China, to facilitate the start of Chinese teaching at Rusinga.
- November 2008: New York University Great World Texts Collaboration presentations and High school visits in New York, USA.
- November 2007: Made a presentation at the National Convention of Teachers of English Workshop in New york on Students' electronic exchanges and made a school visit in Rhode Island, USA.
- April 2008: Organized an International English Teachers’ Workshop for teachers drawn from USA, India and Kenya here at Rusinga School.
- 2003: Spearheaded launch of BNC skill-based curriculum for Key Stage 3 (Years 7-9) for Aga Khan Academy teachers.
- Aug 2003: Attended an international workshop on Teaching with ICT in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Aug 2002: Facilitated an International Breadloaf Writing Workshop for teachers from Pakistan, India, USA, Kenya and Tanzania in Dar-es-salam.
- 2000:Accreditation Certificate for IGCSE School- Based assessment in IGCSE coursework from Cambridge International Examinations(CIE).
- January 2000: Participated in the International Baccalaureate workshop in pedagogical approaches and techniques in the teaching and assessment of English.
- April 1999: Attended an enhancement of ‘O’ and ‘A’ Levels English and Literature Seminar (Edexel Examination Board, London).
- July-Aug 1998: Attended a Creative Writing Workshop in Phillips Academy, USA on the Breadloaf Writing Course and thereafter facilitated several writing workshops for students and teachers annually.